Welcome to AVADA Marketing Automation platform. If you are a beginner with email marketing, you can refer to this guide: Marketing Automation for eCommerce: Everything You Need to Know to understand the general view and what you need to go to gain more customers and earn more revenues.
With AVADA Automation messages, you can create various workflows that triggered based on different customer behaviors such as abandon cart, subscribe newsletter, purchase, inactive, etc. You can send emails or SMS in each workflow, or combine them to get the most efficient result.
This article will walk you through the following parts:
- What automation workflows supported on AVADA?
- How do AVADA automation campaigns work?
- How to set up a completed automation workflow?
- Replace default email notifications in your store
What automation workflows supported on AVADA?
Basing on the customer journey, we design various automation events/triggers that allow you to send emails to your audience and convert them at the right moment. Those events are most common in use and if you want to create a specific automation campaign that you cannot find here, please email us at [email protected] and we will assist you to do it.
- Abandoned Cart Workflow
- Welcome New Subscribers Workflow
- Order Confirmation Workflow
- Shipping Confirmation Workflow
- Return/Refund Confirmation Workflow
- PDF Invoice Workflow
- Cross-sell/Upsell Workflow
- Custom Event Workflow
How do AVADA automation campaigns work?
You may wonder how an automation campaign works on AVADA? As the name “automation”, each event will trigger the customer behaviors automatically and if someone matches the triggers, he/she will enter the corresponding workflow. In other words, all you need to care about is setting up the workflow and email content. The rest will be taken by AVADA.
Take the Abandoned Cart Campaign for example. Any customers who go to the checkout page and do not process payment will become Abandoned Contact and enter your workflow (as long as you have their email collected somewhere). Consequently, they will receive all emails/SMS on your workflow, with the setup timing.
AND a contact will be out of the workflow whenever they complete the cart (even not from Abandoned Cart Email). This logic is reasonable since you do not want to send a remind purchase email to customers who actually complete their purchase, right?
Similar to other automation events, the triggers will work themselves, you just need to select the right event and set up email/SMS content for them. That’s why we can say Automation is a making-money machine!
How to set up a completed Automation workflow?
Step 1: Select event/trigger
- From App Dashboard, go to “Automation > New Campaign”
- Select event type and event you want to create automation workflow:
- Set up conditions for contacts to enter this workflow. For example, you only allow sending this workflow to subscribers or both subscribers and non-subscribers.
- Choose the workflow preset: We provide several pre-built workflows for each event. You can choose to send a three-email workflow, single email workflow or create a workflow from the beginning.
Click “Save and Next” to move to the next step!
Step 2: Edit workflow items
Looking at the left column, you will see different items that can be dragged and dropped to your workflow.
Here are detailed guides for configuring these items if you want to add them to your workflow:
After done your workflow items, please click “Save and Next”
Step 3: Live the automation campaign
- Enter a name for your campaign
- Enter campaign description (not required)
Click “Finish” to go live your automation campaign!
How to replace default emails on your store?
If you wonder that some emails can be sent twice using AVADA since your store also have that kind of email. For example, Shopify stores have Abandoned Cart and Order Confirmation default emails. AVADA will not auto-replace those emails so you should turn off them from your Shopify admin.
Please refer to this guide: https://help.avada.io/faq/email-sending/