Segmentation helps you group your contacts into appropriate lists to take care of them better and send more relevant messages.
This article guides you on how to select segments for your emails.
Learn how to create segments here: https://help.avada.io/help/how-to-create-segments-on-contact-list/
1. Choose a segment for the Newsletter campaign
Step 1: From the App Dashboard > Campaigns > New Campaign
Step 2: Complete the setup for Template and Content and click Next to access the last step Ready as shown below:
Step 3: Add segment
– Click Add segment
– Select ALL, the email will be sent when the conditions of the segments simultaneously are satisfied
– If you select Any, the email will be sent when one of the conditions of the segment is met
– Click Add segment and select segment
– Select the condition as In or Not in:
– Select the In condition. The email will be sent to the contact list of the segment
– Selecting Not in the email will be sent to the contact, not in the segment’s contact list
– Check the segment
After selecting a segment, click the icon to save the selected segments
It is possible to choose multiple segments for a campaign. However, please pay attention when choosing because email campaigns will only be sent to cases that satisfy the conditions of the segments
After completing the conditions, choose Save and Next to continue finishing the campaign
2. Choose a segment for Automation campaigns
2.1. New Campaign
You can choose the segments for this campaign when you create the campaign:
– Step1: Go to Automation > New Workflow
– Step 2: Select EVENT TYPE and SELECT YOUR EVENT
– Step 3: Select Segment
+ Click the Add segment, then select the segment you want to use
- Select the condition as In or Not in:
+ Select IN condition, the email will be sent to the selected segment
+ Select NOT IN; the email will be sent to the contact, not in the selected segment
- After selecting a segment, click the icon to save the selected segments
- It is possible to choose multiple segments for a campaign. However, please be careful when choosing because the email campaign will only be sent to contacts that satisfy the segments.
- Select ALL; the email will be sent when contacts match all segment’s conditions.
- If you choose ANY, the email will be sent when one of the segment’s conditions is met.
- After completing the desired conditions, select Save and Next to continue the campaign.
2.2. Old Campaigns
For campaigns that have been created or are being used, to add segments to those campaigns, follow these steps:
– Step 1: Go to Automation
– Step 2: Select the workflow you want to add/edit segments
– Step 3: Go to the Event tab of the campaign to Add Segments
– Step 4: After completing the information of the segment, click Save