SMS in AVADA Email Marketing includes two types:
- SMS Automation: allow you to send SMS for triggered campaigns like Abandoned Cart, Welcome New subscribers, Order Follow Up, Cross-sell and Up-sell, Win-back…
- SMS Newsletter: allow you to send mass SMS for your seasonal sales, updates, new collections, and any types of newsletter campaigns.
Notice: You need to buy SMS credit before you can send SMS. See guide here.
In this article, let get started with SMS Automation.
Step 1: Create a new campaign
– Create new SMS campaign: Go to App dashboard > Automation > New workflow > Select your event/event type and preset > Next to workflow
– Add SMS to the old campaign: Go to App dashboard > Automation > Select workflow you want to edit > Workflow tab
Step 2: Drag the SMS item into the workflow
Drag and drop SMS items and workflow
Step 3: Edit SMS
Click on the SMS items in the workflow
– SMS Name: Enter Name for SMS
– Internal Note: Enter the content you want to note for SMS
– SMS Text:
+ Click Edit to edit the SMS content
After that, you will come to the SMS editor page, let’s see how you can set up your SMS content!
+ Sender Name: Enter Sender Name to replace your phone number when sending SMS.
Note the Sender Name section is only supported in certain countries, see here. After entering, the content will be displayed in Preview section.
+ SMS Text:
– Select sender: Select a sender for your SMS
– Brand Prefix: Enable Brand Prefix allows you to enter your brand name here.
– SMS Text: Enter the SMS content you want to send to the customer
You can insert various variables to increase your SMS personalization and information.
Click the button as shown below:
– Select the variables you want to add
– Select Non-US/CA Recipients to see SMS preview for countries other than the US and CA
– Select US/CA Recipients to see SMS preview of US and CA countries: When choosing US/CA Recipients, you can add photos (MMS – multiple media) when sending SMS.
+ Unsubscribe Option: When you enable it, your contacts who receive SMS can opt-out (unsubscribe) your SMS by replying to your message.
Note that currently the app only supports one-way SMS sending (means that customer cannot reply to your shop, except reply for unsubscribing)
+ Auto Shorten Links: Enable if you want to replace the default link with a shortened link to limit the character when sending SMS and this link allows you to track SMS report statistics.
Step 4: Continue to Save and complete the required information