By default, the sender is from AVADA such as [email protected]. However, this email address can be to reflect your specific domain and brand instead.
Before using this, please ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- You own your domain. It is not possible to use this feature if you email address from: Gmail.com, Yahoo.com or Outlook.com.
- You can update the DNS on your domain.
- It is root domain. It is not possible to use this feature if your domain is yourshop.myshopify.com
Step 1: Add a new domain
From AVADA Dashboard, go to Settings > Email
- Click “Add domain” at Step 2 Verify domains
Then enter your business domain. Notice: Not include http (or https)
Click Add to add that domain.
After you add the domain successfully, there is a popup to guide you on verifying it in your domain provider.
You can click to icon to see more guide on how to copy and paste those records on your DNS settings.
Step 2: Update DNS records in GoDaddy
Step 3: Add a SPF record
SPF stands for “Sender Policy Framework”. A SPF record is in place to identify which mail servers are authorized
to send mail for a given domain. It is used to prevent spammers from sending mail with fraudulent From addresses at
Step 4: Add a DKIM record
DKIM stands for “Domain Keys Identified Mail”. They allow receiving servers to confirm that mail coming
from a domain is authorized by the domain’s administrators.
Click on the Save button.
Step 5: Add Bounces CNAME
Step 6: Verify
After update all needed DNS records, click on Verify button to verify them.
If all added, you will see the screen like this
Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created host records to take effect.
Congrats! Your domain has been verified. Now you can send from your own domain.
If you got this message: “Your domain cannot be verified.”
There are a few possible causes:
– Need more time for your domain provider to update DNS record (sometimes it takes up to 24 hours, sometimes a few minutes)
– You set up incorrectly from step 2.2. Please re-fill them again. Remember to remove “….” sign from your pasted record.
Step 7: Add new senders
When the domain verification step has been completed, now you can Add a sender with your domain.
Please click “Add sender” button:
Then enter email address and Email name (required) > Click “Add” to save this email as your sender
Add successfully you will see it on the list at step 1
Do not successfully verifying your domain > contact us at Live chat in-app
or simply you can verify your email at Step 1 – and send email under AVADA shared domain. See the detailed guide to add your custom sender email here: https://help.avada.io/help/how-to-configure-sending-settings-in-avada/