How to create Segments on Contact List?
1. Create a segment
Step 1: Go to Audiences > All contacts
Step 2: Select the segment condition
Click Add filter > Select and complete the segment condition
After completing conditions, please wait for the segment automatically validated
Step 3: Click "Save segment" and enter "Name" and "Note" for the segment
Step 4: Click "Save" to save the segment
Step 5: Edit Segment
Go to the Segments tab > click on the Segment Name that you want to edit.
Click Add filter to add more conditions for the segment. After the segment is validated and click Update to save the segment changes.
You can change the Segment Name if you want.
- Click the Delete icon to delete the segment.
2. Mass actions with segments
2.1 Add Tag
- Step 1: Select the segment you want to add tag > Click Add tag
- Step 2: Select the tags you want to add
- Step 3: Option Replace old tag(s)
+ If checked, new tags will be added to replace the old tags\
+ If left unchecked, new tags will be added to the tags of those contact
- Step 4: Click Tag contact to finish adding a tag for contacts
2.2 Create a campaign with segment
Step 1: Select the Segment you want to create a campaign > Click Send
Step 2: Select type of campaign: Email or SMS
Step 3: Click Send campaign and finish campaign content then click Next
The campaign will automatically save the segment's condition
Step 4: Continue editing and completing the campaign to send the email
See detailed guide here
2.3 More action
- Delete all contacts: Select Segment > Click More > Select Delete Click to delete all contacts on the segment. Note that those contacts also will be removed entirely from your total contact list.
- Delete selected contacts: Select Segment > Select contacts > Click More > Select Delete.
Updated on: 29/07/2021