Started Manage Your Contacts in AVADA
Your audience data is one of the most valuable assets you have for improving your marketing and growing your business. With every new purchase from your website, each additional newsletter signup, and every click your ads receive, you are gathering data that can tell you who your audience is and what they love about your brand.
However, as your business grows, so does the amount of customer data you have to keep track of. And with so much data to sift through across multiple campaigns and workflows, it can be difficult to know where to look and what to do with that information.
In this guide, you will learn how to manage your contacts in AVADA to build better customer relationships.
Before you start
The guide will walk you through the following stages:
- Grow your contact list - building signup forms, collecting your customers' opt-ins from the checkout, etc.
- Add/Import contacts - Add contact manually or sync contacts from your store or import mass contacts via CSV
- Manage audience profile - the information that can be added to your customers' profile and how you can use it.
- Manage segments - how to create and manage segments effectively.
- Keep your list healthy - our best practices to improve your deliverability
You can start from the video or look through the instructions provided right below.
Grow your contact list
When building your marketing strategies, it is essential for you to shift the focus onto collecting your customers' opt-in rather than just receiving their data. For instance, when placing an order in your store, the customer provides information about themself and gives you an understanding of the products they prefer. However, if they don't agree to receive your marketing, you won't have any means to reach your customer with promotional messages and build strong, long-lasting relationships.
Thus, from the very first day with AVADA, you should focus on new subscribers' acquisition. There are a few ways to collect your customers' opt-ins, including:
- Collect subscribers with signup forms
- Acquire subscribers at the check-out page
- Run ads on Google, social channels
AVADA support creating stunning sign up forms on your websites to help collect potential leads who access your site and have some interest about your products.
- Get started with AVADA Signup Forms
We encourage you to start using all options available, in order to collect as many active contacts as possible. You can enable the pop-up form that shows up after your visitor spends some time in the store, or you can add an inline form on the side of the page. In this case, the customer that didn't subscribe to the pop-up will be able to re-open the inline form at any time.
To learn more about types of signup forms in AVADA, click right here.
- Add contact manually and Sync contacts from your shop
- Import/Export contacts via CSV files
Manage audience profile
All of the contacts that have left their information will end up in the Audiences section. Each of your contacts will have a dedicated page on AVADA with some unified information about them:
- Personal details
- Subscription status for each channel
- A list of the tags assigned to the customer
- Statistics of the contact (order counts, total spent, email spent)
- The timeline of activities
Channel subscription status
Your contacts can have different statuses for each channel:
- Green or subscribed - means that this contact has subscribed to your lists.
- Grey or not subscribed - means that they left their credentials in your store but haven't agreed to receive your marketing
- Yellow or not confirmed - means that they did left the info but haven't re-confirmed via email once more time. (If use Double opt-in for your sign up form)
- Light orange or unsubscribed - means that they opted-out from your list.
Tags are labels that you create to organize and manage your audience. By tagging, you can categorize your contacts based on the data about them, then create segments and target your communication to a specific contact group.
This section includes all statistics about the customer, such as:
- How many orders have they placed?
- How much have they spent in total?
- How many emails have been sent to them?
Timeline of activities
In this section, you will see information about your customers' activity, such as when they were first added to your list, or when you sent them a welcome email.
Segmentation allows you to communicate with specific groups more precisely while choosing a particular group of recipients. It can make your automation messages, newsletters, and online ads drive a lot more engagement, opens, and reads that would result in much better sales.
Now, you can filter your contacts here in the Audience tab based on their:
- Contact information
- Contact behavior
- Order information
- Ordered item information
Instead of sending your promotions to all contacts, we recommend targeting those by group. You can create a segment with one or more rules. Also, you can add a filter to any of your rules for more specification.
Head to our guides of Segments for more useful information.
Keep your list healthy
There are a number of aspects that can influence your deliverability. To promote it, you should:
- Collect your subscribers organically
- Send quality content to your subscribers
- Target your communication. Don't send your emails to all contacts at once.
- Warm up your sending
- Clean your contact list regularly
- Grow your contact list with organic subscriber collection. Use AVADA signup forms or your store's check-out to drive more subscribers.
- Get to know your contacts profile, use tags to determine what your contacts usually purchase. This will help you send promotions to targeted groups.
- Send your communication to segments rather than all contacts list. This will drive a lot more engagement, opens, and reads that would result in much better sales.
- Take regular care of your contacts list. Clean up regularly and unsubscribe inactive contacts at least twice per year.
Updated on: 28/08/2021